As e-mailed Saturday, March 16th:
As you know, the dance school is closed. Wait, the world is not going up in flames. We have to take our responsibility as a dance school, but we also hope that we as a community can take our responsibility.
What I mean by that is:
- Please we know you love to social dance, but don’t take the risk of spreading, refrain from (partner) dancing outside of your homes. The situation in the world is serious as most of you have already understood.
- I have had some questions about finance. I hope it is ok for all of you that we keep march as normal as it is, meaning all the locations, teachers and general cost will be paid as will the automatic bank transfer from your accounts. Of course if anyone has a problem I can refund, but the most important thing is not to panic, we have probably a few months to figure out what is best for all of us.
- Yes I said a few months. I believe April will also be impossible to do anything social and if we are unlucky May will also be a socially closed month. Financially I haven’t made any plans further than the end of march. In principle if we are closed naturally your payments are halted.
- However, we want to stay busy and keep you engaged so we will try to set up an online program so you can keep practising at home. The coming week we will experiment and hope we have it going by the end of the week.
- As we were about to shift to a software for membership and attendee registration, we now have the time and resources to do so. The new system is called Bueno, later more on this.
- We really urge you to talk to anyone in your surrounding and beg them to take the whole situation seriously, the sooner we are on social lockdown the sooner we can get back to normal.
- If you have any questions or want to talk about the situation, the DA phone is now a hotline for life question.
Willem & Team